Pages

Caca Brun

Saturday 30 January 2016

Hey everyone



Sorry I haven't posted in ages , don't worry there is lots to come :).
So recently I went to lush and I saw they had hair henna.
So if you were wondering what hair henna is, its a essentially henna for your hair.
Henna is a  natural dye sourced from southern Asia , and some tropical parts of northern Queensland. It is plant based and vegan friendly and it doesn't ruin your roots like traditional hair dyes. They have a range of henna dyes such as

  • caca brun ( my favorite) 
  • caca marron ( dark red/brown)
  • caca noir ( black color )
  • + caca rouge ( red / gingerish color)
The kit only cost about 25$ which sounds expensive but if you compare it to other brands which don't have the trusted brand check like Lush its actually quite good! So I thought lets give it a go and it was actually quite a fun experience and something I had never tried before.

So to begin you get your henna and chop it up into little blocks so it melts quicker. * important note : if you've got short or really thin hair I would suggest only using half a block because it can get quite messy if you use the whole block but if you're like me and have middle/short hair but its quite thick feel free to use the whole block, that's what i did. :)


After this place all of the chopped bits into a pot and cover it with  a couple of boiling water , wait a couple of minutes and stir so it comes to a texture of a brownie mix , (don't eat it as tempting as it may seem.)


Once you've done this you can  apply it ! But first I would really suggest putting down an old blanket or something you don't mind getting messy because it does drop out of your hair a lot when your putting it in , so its a bit easier cleaning up or even do it a place easily hosed like a shower or in your back yard . Also I would suggest using gloves so you don't stain your hands and LUSH ultra balm . Don't worry you don't have to buy these products as your friends at lush will give them to you anyway :). with the ultra balm I would suggest applying it to your outer face, ears, neck and wrists so they don't get stained. 

So the nitty-gritty part yay!. Grab a giant handful of henna and just smother it in to a chunk of hair starting from the root and soften out to the end , I tied half of my hair up and did one side while the other one was up but what ever works best with your hair :). once you've done all of your strands from tip to top, you can just leave it or in my case I wrapped my head in glad wrap. Sounds funny but I had two reasons for this A. its less likely to stain walls and objects and B. it also comes out a little more red because there's less oxygen getting too the henna . 




You look  a bit like an alien/weirdo for a little while but its all worth it ;)

It says in the instructions 3-4 hours leave it in for but if you're anything like me you can't wait I had it in for 2 hours but it's all of what you want if you want a lighter brown go for a shorter spans of time or darker go for longer its all up to you!

To wash it out i wouldn't suggest anything but having a shower then it all comes out, I washed the bigger chunks out first then I shampooed it twice to get it all out and finished it off with a conditioner!

Now brush that sexy head of hair and toss it in front of all your friends!


and thats it!

xx ella


No comments :

Post a Comment